Jason Yip is asking:
Some questions for setting up a new team:
1. Why do we exist?
2. What are we planning to do?
3. Who are we? What do we own?
4. How do we work? Who does what?
5. How does each of us fit in?
What am I missing?
Diana Larsen, author of Liftoff: Launching Agile Teams and Projects, comments to start teams by understanding purpose, alignment, and context. She is adding the questions:
- How does the work of this team fit into biz direction?
- Who is depending on our work and vice versa?
I think Diana´s first remark could be a sub-topic of
Why do we exist? and her second would go into
What are we planning to do?