Welcome! My name is Ulf Schneider and this is my website. I´m a software developer and agile coach, currently working on great things at Weidmüller Interface.
At this place I´m taking notes about things that resonate with me, like web development, web accessibility, agile software development, and fast bicycles. My most recent riding tool project is a Fairlight Strael steel-bike build.
Writing this blog helps me to clarify my thoughts, and over time it became the external memory of topics I want to have in short reach. Because I get so much inspiration and valuable information from people who are sharing their thoughts via their blogs, I also want to contribute by making available what I have. You might find that useful, or not.
This site is also my playing field for web technologies. It´s here, where I implemented my first service worker, and I enjoy exploring new topics in web development by experimenting and integrating them here into my personal site. Since some time I´m a fan of the Jamstack.
Every now and then my son Emil makes a drawing, which I aim to capture here. Emil created a picture of the virus at beginning of the Corona pandemic.
My path through 30 years of software went like this:
- 1991 – 1996 University
- I graduated at the University of Paderborn (Dipl.-Wirt. Inform.).
- 1996 – 2006 IBM Global Services
- I was more than ten years with IBM Global Services as a developer and software architect.
- 2006 – 2014 Self-employment
- Seven years self-employed as an agile coach, architect and trainer.
- 2014 – 2023 Diebold Nixdorf
- Eight years employed as a software developer and agile coach at Diebold Nixdorf, heading the Professional Services Processes & Quality when leaving the company.
- 2023 – today Weidmüller Interface
- Since February 2023 I am working as a software developer on great things at Weidmüller Interface.
Connect with me
Phone: +49 163 2505164
According to § 55 Abs.2 RStV responsible for the content of this website:Ulf Schneider